1. Why do I need a prescription?
U.S. Federal law requires a valid prescription for you to purchase some medical devices and supplies. Items such as oxygen concentrators and nebulizers require us to obtain a valid prescription before we can ship the item. If the item you order requires a prescription, you will see “A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product” on that product’s page.
2. We can request your prescription for you if you can provide a few pieces of information!
If the item you order requires a prescription, you can ask us to contact your doctor on your behalf. You will need to provide the patient's name, phone number, date of birth, and the doctor’s name, city, state, phone number and fax number (if you have it available). Our Prescription Team will contact your doctor for you and request the prescription!
3. If you have your prescription available, you can get it to us easily by fax or email!
Please add your order number to the fax or email for quick processing!
- Upload your prescription when you place your order. If you create an account, you can login at any time and upload your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number 877-642-3670.
- Email your prescription to us at Prescriptions@philips.com
4. What should the prescription say?
Your prescription must include:
- the patient’s full name
- the item(s) being ordered – this can be the description of the item or it can be the model name.
- the physician’s name and contact information
- the physician’s signature and date
- Please include your order number on your fax or email for quick processing!
5. Can I use a prescription written by a doctor outside of the United States?
No, at this time, we can only accept prescriptions written by United States licensed physicians.
6. Do I need to get a new prescription if I already have one?
If your prescription includes the items, you are ordering and your doctor wrote “lifetime” or “99 months” for the length of need, you most likely would not need a new one. You can send it to us and our Prescription Team will review it and let you know if it meets the prescription requirements.
If your prescription has a length of need other than lifetime or 99 months, it is valid for that time period, starting from the prescription date. If the prescription is outside of the time period specified, a new prescription will be needed.
7. What if I want to contact my doctor myself to request a prescription?
Please feel free to contact your doctor and request a prescription for the items you are purchasing; you can reference the information above in FAQ #4 that details what information needs to be on the prescription for us to be able to process your order.
If you ask your doctor to fax or email the prescription directly to us, please ask him or her to include your order number on the fax or email.
If you have any other questions about the prescription process,
please give us a call at 1-800-659-9235, option 3
or send an email to Prescriptions@philips.com