Sleep apnea is a pause in breathing caused by the upper airway collapsing and blocking the air flow. If your breathing disruptions most commonly occur when sleeping on your back, then it is known as POSA. POSA can be identified during a sleep study, and effective treatment would encourage alternative sleeping positions, lessening the breathing pauses caused by sleeping on your back.
- Over two-thirds of adults using the NightBalance Lunoa therapy reported a decrease in the number of episodes of breathing cessations, gasping and/or choking during the night(2)
- NightBalance technology delivers gentle vibrations to prompt to move off of your back without disturbing your sleep(6,7)
- Small, lightweight device worn in a belt around your chest
- View your responses to therapy on device or a secure portal to monitor daily progress
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product
Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea (POSA) is a specific diagnosis where breathing obstructions can occur more frequently when sleeping on you back. Individuals with POSA require a different treatment than those with OSA – the goal being to control sleep positions during the night.
Choose NightBalance Lunoa - a new option that was specially designed for POSA. It's proven to softly and quietly get you to an alternative sleeping positon. Finally, you can put yourself in a position to wake up at your best.
Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea (POSA)
NightBalance Lunoa and POSA
To adults diagnosed with mild to moderate positional obstructive sleep apnea, the NightBalance Lunoa technology to delivers a long-term improvement in sleep quality.(1,3)
69% of adults using the NightBalance Lunoa therapy reported a decrease in the number of breathing interruptions, gasping and/or choking during the night.(1,2)
Quiet therapy for you and your bed partner
The NightBalance Lunoa device is small and discreet. By delivering gentle vibrations to encourage sleeping on your side, over two-thirds of adults using the NightBalance Lunoa reported that their bed partner noticed a decrease in their snoring severity. (2,4)
How does it work?
NightBalance Lunoa is a palm-sized device worn comfortably across the chest in a soft, adjustable belt. During your sleep, NightBalance Lunoa device delivers gentle vibrations that prompt you to move off of your back without disturbing your sleep.(6,7) 66% of adults using the NightBalance technology reported fewer episodes of suddenly waking up during the night.(2)
Improve your concentration⁽²⁾
The NightBalance Lunoa technology helps adjust your sleeping position – allowing you to concentrate on your day.
60% of adults using the NightBalance Lunoa therapy reported improvement in their ability to concentrate. (2)
Stay motivated with your progress
NightBalance Lunoa constantly monitors and records your response to therapy, automatically uploading your data to a secure online portal. The user-friendly interface allows you to follow your progress on the device or online, helping you to stay motivated. You can also share your data with your doctor, allowing you and your doctor to check the status of your therapy night after night.
Adjust to your therapy
The NightBalance Lunoa uses an Adaptation Program to let you gradually adjust to POSA therapy. For the first 2 nights, the device monitors your sleeping behavior with no therapy.
During nights 3-9, vibrations are gradually introduced over time to allow you to acclimate to the new POSA therapy.
On day 10 and forward, full treatment is delivered when therapy is needed – reducing the time spent sleeping on your back.(5)
NightBalance Lunoa, chest strap, carry case, charger, and User Manual
*Device and chest strap together
8 x 6.85 x 2.75 inches
2 year warranty on Lunoa sensor and docking station
Footnotes:1. van Maanen, P., de Vries, N. Long-Term effectiveness and Compliance of Positional Therapy with the Sleep Position Trainer in the Treatment of Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome, 2014.
2. Dutch Apnea Society (Apneuvereniging. Dutch survey done with based on 75 NightBalance users for an average of 2.2 years, 2017.
3. 33% increase in PSQI score in 145 men (6 months).
4. Snoring severity was defined as both loudness and intensity as perceived by partner.
5. De Ruiter, M. H. T., Benoist, L.B.L., de Vries, N., de Lange, J. Durability of treatment effects of the Sleep Position Trainer versus oral appliance therapy in positional OSA : 12 month follow-up of randomized controlled trial, 2017.
6. Van Maanen et al. 2013, The sleep position trainer; a new treatment for positional obstructive sleep apnoea.
7. Eijsvogel et al. 2015, Sleep Position Trainer versus Tennis Ball Technique In Positional Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome.